Placeholder for Notification

Placeholder for Product overview Hero

Placeholder for Product overview Intro

The Warm Home Discount Scheme is now open

Fill out our application form to see if you're eligible.

Get £140 towards your electricity costs

If you’re on a low income and receive certain qualifying benefits, you’ll need to apply for the Broader group scheme.

If you’re a pensioner and received the Guarantee element of Pension Credit on the 7 July 2019 you will be part of the Core group. You don’t need to apply for the Warm Home Discount.

We deal with applications on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. We don’t want you to miss out, so please complete our online form as soon as possible.

Details of the Warm Home Discount Scheme

What do I need to do if I am in the Core group?

You should receive a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) who’ll arrange for your payment to be made by your energy supplier. Please read your letter carefully as you may need to contact them. If you weren’t supplied by E.ON on the 7 July 2019 your old supplier will be responsible for giving you the payment. You'll need to be the named account holder, or the partner of the account holder, to receive the Warm Home Discount.

How and when will I get the payment?

The payment is made to your electricity account between September 2019 and the end of March 2020. If you have a prepayment meter, we'll send you a top up voucher to redeem.

Will I still get the payment if I change my electricity supply to another company?

If you're in the Core Group: The company that supplied your electricity on 7 July 2019 is responsible for giving you the discount, even if you’re now with another supplier. If we were your supplier and you've now left us you’ll normally get this as a cheque. If you still have a balance left to pay, we’ll put the discount onto your account to help you pay this off.

If you're in the Broader Group: If you change electricity supplier before we’ve given you the discount, you’ll need to contact your new supplier and see if you can apply with them instead, as their criteria may be different. Unfortunately applications can’t be transferred between suppliers, so you’ll need to make a new application with your new supplier. We won't be able to give you the discount unless your electricity is supplied by us at the time we make the payment.

What happens if I move house?

If you're in the Core Group: as long as we were your supplier on 7 July 2019 you'll still get the discount from us. If you still have a balance left to pay, we’ll put the discount onto your account to help you pay it off. If you have nothing left to pay, we’ll send a cheque to your new address. Please make sure you give us your new address, so we know where to send your cheque.

If you're in the Broader Group: your application is linked to your address and account number on your application, therefore if you move house or switch supplier before the payment is made, your application will be closed. If your new property is supplied by us you will need to reapply using your new address and account number.



How can I find out what benefits I receive?

If you’re unsure of the benefits you’re currently receiving please contact the Pensions Service or Job Centre plus. We can only offer the payment if the E.ON electricity account holder or their partner receives the qualifying benefits. Unfortunately, if you don’t receive any benefits then you are not eligible for the scheme.

How will I know if my application is successful?

We'll let you know within 12 weeks if your application has been successful or not.

Placeholder for Related Content

Placeholder for Product Overview Listing